Exciting! is the best word to describe the way the
2012 Bill Warner Sr. Memorial Charity Golf Classic is coming together.
We have more golfers, more raffle prizes, and at this writing the silent
auction items were still growing bigger and better.
One main prize feature of this year’s event is the silent auction. So
many wonderful prizes have been donated we had to expand our
opportunity for more potential winners.
Some of the silent auction prizes include:
- Golf for 3 at private club, Shoal Creek. in
Birmingham, Alabama. Shoal Creek is one of Golf Digest’s top courses
for 2012. Guests will stay in the exclusive Nicklaus Cottage. Plus one
full set of Cleveland Clubs with bag.
- Golf at the private club of Iowa’s “billionaire entrepreneur” Dennis Albaugh, “Talons of Tuscany”, plus a private tour of his historic car collection, which includes every Chevrolet convertible since 1912.
- Diamond necklace from Joseph’s Jewelry
- Couple’s Getaway to the Ritz Carlton Resort, Amelia Island, Florida including Golf and other great amenities.
- Three days and two nights at the Grand Superior Lodge in Northern Minnesota, including guided fishing and a $150 Bass Pro Shop Certificate
- Southwest Airline tickets
Even if you don’t participate in the golf, you are invited to join us
for the evening reception. Tickets are $75.00 and include cocktails
and heavy hors d'oeuvres. During the reception, golf and raffle prizes
will be announced and we will conduct the Silent Auction. Our
guest-speaker, is the Chancellor of the University of Wisconsin,
Platteville, Dennis Shields. He is representing Youth Homes of
Mid-America as one of its most distinguished alumni.
Don’t forget the raffle prizes! The Community Outreach Council
(C.O.C.) will be selling raffle tickets prior to the event as well as on
the day of the event. Raffle tickets are 1 for $20 or 7 for $100. We
have 65 raffle prizes with more coming as donations roll in. .
Raffle prizes include:
- 16 GB iPad
- Kindle E-Reader with WiFi
- $500 Visa gift card
- Laser Range Finder and $100 Scheels gift card
- Jasper Winery VIP Tour and Tasting Event for 8
- Rescue clubs, wedges and putters
- Panera Bread for a year
- BBQ Sets
- His and Her watches
- Chocolate Storybook Chocolate
- And more…
“Day of” Schedule:
- 7 am: Morning round Registration & continental breakfast buffet
- 8 am: Morning round shotgun start
- 11 am: Afternoon round registration & lunch buffet
- 1 pm: Afternoon round shotgun start
- Following Afternoon golf: reception (6ish?)
Sponsors – Thank you to everyone who has stepped up so far. We have
just a couple of sponsorships left. If you know anyone who wants great
exposure for their business or organization, let them know.
Proceeds from this event will benefit the Youth Homes of Mid-America.
YHMA provides at-risk youth from Iowa and the Midwest, with a safe
place to live, an opportunity to learn and a new start.