All requests for funding from the Merchants Bonding Company Foundation must be submitted through our online grant application. Telephone requests are not accepted. Each application is carefully evaluated on overall community impact, compliance with Merchants Bonding Company Foundation’s focus areas and availability of funds.
The mission of the Foundation is to provide support to non-profit organizations to improve our communities, and enrich the lives of children in the communities we serve.
- We value excellence, integrity and transparency in ourselves and in all of the organizations we support.
- We value positive and collaborative partnerships, built on trust and respect.
- We are committed to the principle that all people are created equal and value diversity and inclusion. We value opportunities to make a more equitable world.
- We value the cares and concerns of Merchants associates and our agent partners, and we seek to contribute to the quality of life in the communities we serve.
- We are committed to serving those less fortunate than us, especially children lacking health, wealth, safety or education.
- We support the role of arts and culture in society to spark innovative ideas and solutions that shape social responsibility and effective philanthropy
The Merchants Bonding Company Foundation’s focus areas/grant priorities include:
- Children and Education
- Community Betterment
- Arts and Culture
- Associate & Agent Partner Priorities
The Merchants Bonding Company Foundation will not accept applications for:
- For-profit entities
- Conference registration fees
- Programs that promote religious activities
- Debt reduction
- General operating support including personnel expenses such as salaries and/or employee benefits
- Political campaigns or candidates
- Projects that have already been completed