Submit a Request

How do I report a Claim?

Use Merchants' online forms to report a Payment Bond Claim, Performance Bond Claim or Commercial Bond Claim

You may also mail, fax or email your claim to: 
Merchants Bonding Company (Mutual) 
Attn: Claims 
P.O. Box 14498 
Des Moines, IA 50306-3498 
Fax: 515-243-3854
*Do not include any personally identifiable information in your correspondence.

How do I check on the status of my claim?

To check on the status of your claim, please call (800) 678-8171 and request to speak with the adjuster handling your claim.

How do I send reimbursement for a paid claim?

Email us at and we will reply with payment details. Payment can be made by credit card, check or bank transfer. Please do not send credit card information directly to Merchants Bonding Company.