Theft Guard Janitorial
Designed specifically for cleaning service businesses, mitigating the risk of their employees stealing from their customers.
Theft Guard Janitorial Services
- Covers the customer or subscriber of the service.
- Has a conviction clause, meaning the employee must be convicted of the crime before there can be a claim on the bond.*
- Is blanket position, which covers employees of a business on a blanket basis with the limit of coverage applied separately to each employee guilty of employee dishonesty under the terms of the bond.
- Pays penalties from $5,000 to $100,000.
Theft Guard Janitorial does not
- Cover employees who have committed any fraudulent or dishonest acts.
- Exclusion is automatic from the time that the Insured/Owner has knowledge of such acts, unless coverage is agreed to by Merchants Bonding Company in writing.
- Does not cover the employee stealing from the employer.
* Conviction clauses do not apply in some states. Contact your Merchants underwriter for current rules and rates in your area.
The information contained herein is provided "as is" and solely for general informational purposes and is not intended to be a solicitation or an offer to sell in connection with any product or service, nor is the information a complete description of all terms, conditions and exclusions applicable to the products and services described. For complete descriptions of all terms, conditions and exclusions of the products and services offered by Merchants Bonding Company (Mutual), subsidiaries and affiliated writing companies, please contact your bonding and insurance agent.
Rates are subject to change at any time and may differ from those stated herein; please contact your bonding and insurance agent for applicable rates. Products and services referenced herein may not be available in all jurisdictions, and the effect/applicability of policy provisions including the "conviction clause" language are subject to the laws of the jurisdiction in which the policy is issued and/or the jurisdiction where the loss is incurred, please contact your insurance and bonding agent for additional information.
Merchants Bonding Company (Mutual) believes that the information provided by it is accurate at the time it is posted on this site. However, while Merchants Bonding Company (Mutual) periodically reviews and revises the i nformation it provides on this web site, Merchants Bonding Company (Mutual) does not warrant the accuracy of the information provided by it at the time it may be accessed by visitors to the site.